Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stories swirling in my mind!

The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.
-- The Roman Rule

I've been thinking about this quote. It feels appropriate for the Writing Life. 

Writing is hard. Let me say it again. WRITING IS HARD. 

It would be so easy to quit during times, like now, when I'm exhausted, not feeling well, brain fried, blocked, and simply lost. 
And, if putting pen to page wasn't something that I needed to do, well, I guess I probably would have quit a long time ago. But how could I, how can I do that when the words swirl inside my head, talking to me at night in my dreams, and creep into my mind caressing my thoughts when I'm awake. 

Writing is something I need to do, and it makes me feel good. I love those moments when I get lost in a story, both writing and reading them. It just feels good to be connected to something bigger. I'm in love with words, stories, characters, plots. Oh my, that's what I like. 

Times like this, I just need to open myself up to the world around me. Let the inspiration sink in, and refuel. Go out, and live life. I'll keep filling my cup and the rest will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment